What is a No-Code Tool?
Low-Code vs. No-Code Tools
Advantages of No-Code Solutions
- Resources: Human Capital is becoming increasingly scarce — and therefore expensive. This can stop a lot of ambitious projects dead in their tracks. Low-Code and No-Code tools minimize the amount of specialized technical skills needed to get an application of the ground, which means things can get done more quickly and at a lower cost.
- Low Risk/High ROI: Security processes, data integrations, and cross-platform support are all built into Low-Code and No-Code tools, meaning less risk and more time to focus on your business goals.
- Moving to Production: Similarly, for both types of tools a single click is all it takes to send or deploy a model or application you built to production.
List of No-Code Data Tools
1. No-Code Data Modeling in Power BI
2. Alteryx as a Low-Code Alternative
3. Is Tableau a No-Code Data Modeling Solution?
4. Looker is a No-Code Alternative to SQL
You might be wondering why I am including so many BI/Visualization platforms when talking about potential alternatives to SQL. After all, these tools are only set up to address an organization’s reporting needs, which constitute only one of the use cases for data queries and SQL. This is certainly a valid point, so allow me to clarify my reasoning a bit more.
While it is true that reporting is only one of many potential uses for SQL, it is nevertheless an extremely important one. There is a good reason why there are so many No-Code BI tools in the market—to address heightening demand from enterprises around the world — and therefore, it is worth taking a closer look at their almost inevitable shortcomings.