Modern cloud environments are ever-changing, and so is the nature of cloud computing. The growing cloud assets accompany the attack surface expansion problem for organizations, which unveils the need for visibility of cloud resources. AWS Config addresses that exact demand. It can be challenging to understand resources within your infrastructure like:
- Seeing what resources you have
- Understanding your current configurations
- Knowledge of configuration changes and change histories
- Assessing if your resources are compliant with specific governances controls
- Having accurate and up-to-date audit information
Depending on the size of your AWS resources or deployment, overcoming these challenges and obtaining this information can become time-consuming and budget-intensive unless you use resource visibility and auditing tool like AWS Config.