- Basic understanding of .NET Core 6 API and C#.
- Visual Studio 2022
- SQL Server
- Create .NET Core API using version 6
- Configure Hangfire in .NET
- Look into the different types of jobs that are present in Hangfire.
- Hangfire is open-source and used to schedule the job at a particular event and time.
- It is also used to create, process, and manage your background jobs.
- We use this in background processing without user intervention.
- Hangfire is reliable and persistent. It will take care of all things once the job is scheduled.
- Hangfire dashboard is also available for us to manage all things easily.
Why Hangfire is Required in Background Processing
- Sometimes we need to do lengthy operations like database updates and database maintenance so it’s managed periodically.
- Batch import from XML, JSON, and YAML files.
- Recurring reports on a periodic basis.
- Mass notification on subscription and sign up basis.
So, these are things that we are able to do periodically over a certain period of time as per our requirements.
There are different types of jobs that are present in Hangfire. We will look at them one by one.